Adding faces to the names, introducing the LYNQ team…
John Grima, Head of Channel Sales
A trusted advisor to manufacturers and software partners, John works to advise and resolve challenges while building profitable long term relationships.
Tell us about your role at LYNQ, John
How long have you worked at LYNQ? Over 15 years, which seems impossible given I’m sure most of the LYNQ team think I’m in my late twenties.
What do you enjoy about your role? I enjoy helping our partners and their customers to become even more successful through LYNQ’s innovation, consultation and support. I get a real sense of satisfaction learning a project has been completed having been involved right from their initial contact. You really get to see the full process from documenting their challenges right through to resolving these with LYNQ MES. I’m always delighted to hear from a partner that my demonstration of LYNQ MES and support through the sales cycle has helped them win new ERP business. That’s my job and I love it!
What is your favourite project that you have worked on? There are too many to pick just one. It’s great having the opportunity to work with so many different industries and understand induvial processes. It’s particularly interesting when we learn more about what some of our customer manufacture. From innovative medical devices to actually producing parts that are now in space.
And to get a bit more personal, here’s a ‘Quick Fire Five’
- What is your phone screensaver? A kitten, in a frog hat. I’ve always had pet cats and been a cat person, it makes me smile whenever I see it! I might change it to a honey badger, another one of my favourite animals, they are very tenacious and brave, even standing their ground in the face of lions!
- One thing you’d take to a desert island? If I could choose anything it would probably be another person! As a typical sales person I love to talk and couldn’t stand being on my own with no one to listen to my stories.
- I bet my teammates would be surprised to know that… I love them all, even the slightly annoying ones (they know who they are). My favourite film is Saturday Night Fever… a little further back than the 80s… uh oh, I am digging myself a hole!
- What was the first gig/ live music event you went to? I run this risk of actually giving away that I am not in fact in my late twenties with this answer (think I did that with my previous answer!). Depeche Mode, 1982. Given that it was the 80’s I think the answer could’ve actually been far more embarrassing.
- Favourite computer game? Space Invaders, the ’80s really were great weren’t they?!