Adding faces to the names, introducing the LYNQ team…
Maria Koval, Product Integration Manager
Maria has 13 years of manufacturing experience from cost accounting to systems implementation. Maria applies her product knowledge and technical ability to lead our product integration team.
Tell us about your role at LYNQ, Maria
How long have you worked at LYNQ? Since 2008. I prefer saying the year that I started rather than revealing a duration. It really doesn’t quite feel like it has been more than a decade!
What do you enjoy about your role? I enjoy everything I do! I really enjoy solving technical challenges as well as helping our clients by creating solutions that simplify their daily routine.
What is your favourite project that you have worked on? It’s too difficult to choose just one, all projects are unique. Projects are sometimes complex which brings about a different aspect to my job, I enjoy coming up with solutions for challenging tasks.
And to get a bit more personal, here’s a ‘Quick Fire Five’
- What is your phone screensaver? My son’s drawings. They are very abstract, but there is always an explanation and story that goes with them which transforms them into a masterpiece for me.
- One thing you’d take to a desert island? A hat – they are my favourite accessory that is both pretty and practical. It’d probably be a bucket straw hat, then it would be good for two things – keeping the sun off my face and storing a fish caught on said desert island.
- I bet my teammates would be surprised to know that… I have been at LYNQ for so long that I bet they wouldn’t be surprised at all. The team knows me too well. I don’t think that even my occasional knitting is a secret. I can mention a couple of things that I am interested in and maybe some of my teammates would find them interesting! I’m into traveling, and art (different types of art, from paintings & sculptures to movies). I really try to keep my life in a strict planned routine.
- What was the first gig/ live music event you went to? A Ukrainian rock band called Skryabin. We were lucky enough to get first-row tickets which made it even more memorable.
- Favourite computer game? You’d be surprised, even though I work on a computer all day, I do not like computer games at all! I’d rather spend an evening watching movies. I love ‘rom-coms’, biographic movies, anything really…. except for horror movies, I am too weak to tolerate that.