Who is ISO?
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is an international, non-governmental organisation (NGO) with over 150 standards members. These members are all connoisseurs in their field who share their expertise and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market-relevant international standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global issues.
What does ISO 27001:2013 certification mean for LYNQ?
ISO 27001:2013 is a framework of policies and processes for organisations to use regarding information security. The framework has been introduced to achieve a proactive solution instead of a reactive solution to protect three aspects of information:
- Confidentiality – Only authorised persons have the right to access to information.
- Integrity – Only authorised persons can change the information.
- Availability – Information must be accessible to authorised persons whenever it is needed.
The ISO 27001:2013 is important for LYNQ’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) as it specifies that the ISMS has met the requirements to successfully protect the information that the company holds.
What is an ISMS?
Information Security Management System.
An ISMS is a set of rules that helps companies to:
- Identify stakeholders and their expectations of the company in terms of information security
- Identify what risks exist for the information
- Defines controls (safeguards) and other mitigation methods to meet the identified expectations
- Sets clear objectives on what needs to be achieved with information security.
- Implementation of all the controls and other risk treatment methods.
- Continuous measurement that the implemented controls perform as expected.
- Make continuous improvements to make the whole ISMS work better.
Being certified means that the requirements set out for our information security management system within the context of our organisation have been implemented and will be maintained. The following requirements pertain to our ISMS certification:
- Maintaining and
- Continually improving.
Why has LYNQ implemented these standards?
Not only has it provided us with the necessary know-how for protecting our most valuable information but most importantly to safeguard our client’s data. Increasing scrutiny about how organisations manage personal and company data led to the growth of ISO 27001 and our interest in implementing the standards. Compliance measurements involve a set of processes that show our product, service and system meet our commitments to a standard. We can reassure our clients that we have followed all recommendations set out by ISO 27001. Our organisation’s information assets are completely protected, safe, reliable and of good quality, leaving you with the confidence to rely on us.