Adding faces to the names, introducing the LYNQ team…
Sarah Peacock, Test Manager
A newcomer to the manufacturing sector. 15 years experience working within a PR consultancy and several customer service roles, Sarah has a keen eye for detail and a passion for design. Sarah is responsible for the test process across all LYNQ proprietary applications.
Tell us about your role at LYNQ, Sarah
How long have you worked at LYNQ? I’ve only been full-time with LYNQ since October 2021 working as a UI/UX Designer and Software Tester. Before joining the team full-time, I did some freelance work with the company assisting in the design and testing of their new web-based application. In August 2022, I start my new position as Test Manager.
What do you enjoy about your role? In a nutshell, everything! We have a fantastic team here at LYNQ, full of knowledge they’re only too willing to share and so supportive of one another. The developers never cease to amaze me though. They make real-life magic happen every day!
What is your favourite project that you have worked on? Because I’ve been with the company such little time, I’ve only had the opportunity to work on one project; Project IGNITE, which I really enjoyed being part of. With that project now drawing to a close, I can’t wait to work with the team and get started on the next!
And to get a bit more personal, here’s a ‘Quick Fire Five’
- What is your phone screensaver? Before breaking the screen on my phone recently, it was a picture I’d taken at Praia do Paraíso (Paradise Beach), Carvoeiro. On the ‘backup’ phone I’m using right now, it couldn’t be more boring. It’s simply a black screen.
- One thing you’d take to a desert island? Chocolate. As long as I’ve got chocolate, I can tackle anything! It wouldn’t matter if I couldn’t keep it cold and it melted, I’d just drink it! I LOVE chocolate!
- I bet my teammates would be surprised to know that… I have a phobia of baked beans, also known as leguminophobia. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember. Just the sight of those little orange things makes me queasy and emotional. Pure terror in a tin!
- What was the first gig / live music event you went to? Throughout the 90’s and early 00’s, my friends and I would go to the BBC Radio 1 Roadshow and T4 Party on the Beach events most summers. We saw some great acts including Peter Andre performing ‘Mysterious Girl’ (please bear in mind it was the 90’s and I was a teenager). My first true gig was in 2007, Jack Penate at The Junction in Cambridge. His supporting act that night was Adele, however, she couldn’t perform. Just days before the gig, Adele made her television debut, performing “Daydreamer” hitting the BIG time!
- Favourite computer game? Back in the UK and pre-motherhood, I could lose myself for hours on long winter evenings creating characters, designing homes and developing careers in The Sims. I owned every expansion pack possible. But since making the move to Portugal, I would rather spend that time by the pool or at the beach with my family.