Adding faces to the names, introducing the LYNQ team…
Peter Hayes, Software Designer
Qualified as an Accountant, Banker and Chemical Engineer, Peter’s experience includes the design of a wide variety of software applications and ERP implementations.
Tell us about your role at LYNQ, Pete
How long have you worked at LYNQ? I formed the business in 1981 and at that time it was called Vauntberry Ltd. We changed to a more memorable name many years later when we started marketing and needed something shorter and more catchy. However, to answer the question, 40 years in October 2021!
What do you enjoy about your role? The people I work with, both at LYNQ and customers. Every day is different with new challenges and the satisfaction of seeing things that I imagine come to fruition.
What is your favourite project that you have worked on? Almost too many to list but, probably, the original development of the production scheduling application with Dan and Andrew. We had a lot of fun creating something very new and I can’t imagine a better team to have done it with!
And to get a bit more personal, here’s a ‘Quick Fire Five’
- What is your phone screensaver? I like plain backgrounds so I can see the icons easily, so, a boring single colour.
- One thing you’d take to a desert island? A fast boat to get off again but if that seems impossible, I’d take advantage of the opportunity to lie back with my Kindle and read.
- I bet my teammates would be surprised to know that… Most already know this but I bet the newbies are pretty surprised to hear that I am a heavy metal fan. Off to see Nightwish later in the year, maybe Metallica in Lisbon as well.
- What was the first gig/live music event you went to? ‘The Groundhogs’ at Blackbushe Aerodrome. Shortly after that, I saw ‘The Picnic’ at the same venue which was Bob Dylan’s largest audience ever.
- Favourite computer game? I don’t play computer games, maybe only the odd game of Solitaire, if ever. I prefer watching music videos in my spare time.