- Be involved in the quality assurance stage of our software development and deployment process.
- Design and execute manual tests and record test results, ensuring the software is fit for purpose and any bugs or issues are removed before it gets deployed to the users.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Product Officer to determine the testability of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work under general direction with a clear framework of delivery, plans own work but has substantial responsibility and autonomy. Seen as a subject matter expert on testing but liaises with the business subject matter experts to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Educate and support the company in relation to testing and to define ‘quality’.
- Educate the users by providing quality documentation to support any software changes delivered.
- Design, implement and execute testing within agreed timeframe ensuring that the overall agreed test objectives are met.
- Maintain and develop cases to support test requirements and liaise with stakeholders to expand test scenarios.
- Ensure all tests are to the appropriate standard, documented and reviewed prior to execution.
- Carry out exploratory, functional, integration, performance and compatibility testing, and document test results in the test management software.
- Ensure that all testing defects are logged in the defect management software in order to deliver quality solutions and support risk management.
- Maintain dedicated test environments to support test activities.
- Maintain systems that deploy software to the end users.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of educational content, provided to customers and partners via the support portal. Including what’s new articles, knowledgebase articles, product guides and whitepapers.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Working understanding of functional testing, able to design and execute test cases using standard testing techniques and able to come up with different business scenarios for a feature, working with others in the team.
- Understanding of test analysis, able to identify simple patterns and trends. Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these. Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available.
- Good communication skills – written and oral, customer focused, team-worker, who is a flexible, adaptable, problem solver and able to work systematically and with little direct supervision.
- Good range of IT skills including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft SQL Server & Microsoft Windows (client and server).
- Experience of TestRail or other test management tools
- Experience of Jira or other defect management tools
Realise your potential
Apply today and start your journey with us.